Welcome to the HistoAtlas project. HistoAtlas is a free collection of historic geographic information of the human culture. Here you can find maps, timelines, graphs and articles about world history in various topics from the bronze age til now.
HistoAtlas has been achieved mainly by collaboration by volunteers. Everyone can use the information and can collaborate on the project. It is to be a resource for education, archaeologists and historians or just plain history amateurs. HistoAtlas is an open project making sure everyone benefits from it.
The atlas contains information about various aspects of history that can be displayed in various ways. Here are just a few examples.
- Political boundaries derived from antique historical records or archiological research.
- Historical events that shaped the course of time like wars, disasters, discoveries, treaties and journeys.
- Facts about the lives of historical figures that played an important role in history.
- The evolution of cultural aspects like language and religion.
- Historical statistical information about the population over the world.
HistoAtlas is an open community project and has been realized with the support of GIM.